Camille and Clifford Kendall Scholars Endowed Scholarship
To provide annual scholarships to students in their freshman and/or sophomore years attending Montgomery College. Each scholarship shall be in an amount equal to in-county tuition and fees. A minimum of eight scholarships shall be awarded after Fiscal year 2012. A committee comprised of the College Director of Student Financial Aid, the Scholarships & State Grants Program Director, and any other College staff they deem appropriate, will select the Kendall Scholars each year. Students selected for Kendall Scholarships must:
(1) Demonstrate financial need;
(2) Show high potential for success;
(3) Be U.S. Citizen;
(4) Have a high probability of continuing to reside in Maryland after graduation from college;
(5) Have demonstrated prior service to others (including family and/or community), and
(6) Satisfy other standards that the selection committee deems to be important. Each scholarship recipient shall be assigned a mentor to help to assure each student’s academic and career success. Mentors will be requested by the Office of Financial Aid and may include faculty, staff, and academic and non-academic administrators. The Foundation Finance Director of the Montgomery College Foundation shall approve all expenditures and administer the Fund.